When it comes to safety, no part of your vehicle is more important than the brakes. They should be getting inspected at least once a year to determine the condition of the brake system. While the entire braking system requires attention, the friction components (pads, shoes, rotors and drums) require constant attention because they wear down each time you applied your brakes.
HOW CAN YOU KNOW WHEN YOU NEED A BRAKE SERVICE OR BRAKE REPAIR?
- The brake pedal can be depressed nearly to the floor.
- You hear a squealing or other unusual noise when you apply the brakes. Some brands of brake pads have a built-in device that produces a high-pitched squeal when the brake pads need replacing.
- The vehicle pulls to one side when you apply the brakes.
- You feel a grinding or bumpy sensation as you come to a stop.
In general, if there is something about your brakes that is making you uncomfortable, you should have them inspected.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A PROPERLY MAINTAINED BRAKING SYSTEM?
- Firm and steady pedal feel
- Peace of mind
- Consistent stopping under repeated hard braking conditions
- Even braking
- Longer brake system component and friction material life
- Smooth stopping
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BRAKE SERVICE?
We begin with a comprehensive inspection of your car’s entire braking system.
- Replace and Renew Pads and shoes.
- The brake hardware is properly lubricated.
- The brake fluid is topped off.
- The hydraulic system is purged of air and adjusted.
- Drums and rotors are refinished if required.
- And based on our inspection, other components may need to be replaced.
All of the parts we install are guaranteed to meet or exceed manufacturer’s standards. If you wish, we’ll return your old brake parts to you.
ABS BRAKING SYSTEMS
Our technicians are also experts on servicing the computer-controlled components of anti-lock braking systems (ABS) that are common to today’s vehicles. This service, like all services performed at Top Fix Auto is recommended based on manufacturer’s standards, or when needed as determined by our inspection and industry standards.